The U.S. has seen record-breaking high temperatures this summer. Ideally you’d want to stay indoors all day in an air-conditioned room, however if you have to venture outside, we listed our top 5 favorite items below to help you stay cool and protect yourself from this sizzling summer heat:
- frogg toggs Chilly Pad Cooling Towel (starting at $12.99): this towel is made of a hyper-evaporative material that holds water while remaining dry to the touch. Simply wet the towel with water, wring it out, and it will instantly provide you with some cool relief. You could drape this towel over your face or neck and it’s perfect for keeping you cool while doing outdoor activities – such as fishing, hiking, yard work, or visiting amusement parks.
- HandFan Portable Handheld Misting Fan (starting at $24.99): the great thing about this handheld fan is that it’s portable and you can bring this anywhere. It’s also USB rechargeable and has a water tank so you can refresh yourself with a fine cooling mist. This fan also has a metal clip so you can attach it to a stroller for your child’s comfort.
- Hydro Flask 21 oz Standard Mouth Bottle (starting at $32.95): this durable stainless steel bottle is perfect for keeping you hydrated, which is crucial for those especially hot days. Its TempShield vacuum insulation technology keeps your beverages ice cold for up to 24 hours (or hot for up to 12 hours). These bottles are available in a large array of trendy colors and you can also choose from multiple interchangeable caps and straw lids.
- MISSION Cooling Stretchy Visor (starting at $14.88): wearing a visor is a great way to shade your face from the sun while doing any outdoor activities. This lightweight visor is made of moisture-wicking fabric and when wet with water, it instantly cools to 30 degrees below average body temperature for up to 2 hours (and you can always reactivate it with more water.)
- Compact Sun Protective Umbrella UPF 50+ (starting at $45.00): this portable umbrella can provide excellent shade from the sun, whether you’re going for a stroll or lounging outside. It’s made of a reflective anti-UV coated canopy fabric with the highest sun protective rating of UPF 50+.