If you’re a pet owner, or thinking of getting a pet, you already know how much joy and fun a pet brings to your life. Pets give companionship and unconditional love, which are sometimes hard to get from humans! But did you know that there are actual physical and emotional health benefits to having a furry friend around? Here are 6 amazing health benefits of owning a pet:
- Allergies. Studies show that living with a pet can lower the likelihood of a child developing related allergies. Pet owners generally have stronger immune systems overall.
- Responsibility. For kids, being responsible for a pet is a great life lesson. The routine and structure of tending to a pet helps establish good habits, and caring for pets makes owners feel needed and wanted, which helps build self-confidence in kids.
- Social benefits. Having social connections is important for overall good health, and having a pet provides lots of great opportunities. Talking about a pet is always a good conversational icebreaker, and you can connect with other pet owners at dog parks, training classes, and online networks.
- Heart health. Pet owners tend to have lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, as well as better recovery rates from heart attacks.
- Exercise. Having a dog forces you to be active.
- Emotional health. Playing with a pet can elevate levels of serotonin and dopamine- hormones that help keep you calm. Having a pet can lead to less depression, anxiety, and stress.
Naturally, your pet’s health is a priority for you, too, and that includes proper nutrition. Click here to get a FREE sample of Nupro Natural Health Supplements for your pet and keep each other in the best of health. It’s nice to know that something that brings you happiness is also good for your health. Another reason to love your pet even more!
What do you love about your pet? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter!