Oh, we’d all like the good life, wouldn’t we? The perks of being rich include vacations, fancy restaurant meals, a fabulous wardrobe, and other material luxuries. First of all, it’s important to remember that those things are not what give you a rich life. You can be rich in love, family, success, and happiness, which is ultimately more fulfilling. Wait, continue reading! I’ll stop preaching now! Although we know that there’s a lot more to feeling rich than stuff, let’s admit that nice stuff is still nice. And you can have nice stuff even if your bank account isn’t rich. It’s all about strategy, my friends, and here is some strategy:
- Take advantage of discount sites: Discount shopping sites like Groupon, Gilt, Rue La La, Overstock, and others are a great way to score the things you want for reduced prices. Sign up for newsletters and updates so you won’t miss any deals.
- Rewards programs: Get the credit cards that earn you airline miles and hotel stays and you’ll get to travel in style!
- Lower your cost of living: Consider moving to a neighborhood where housing and other expenses are lower, and you’ll get more bang for your buck. You might also have some money left over for extras when you want them.
- Decide where you want to splurge: Maybe designer shoes are your thing, and you can have them. Spend less on other things and spend that money on those Louboutins.
- Go out for lunch: If you like to eat at great restaurants, go out for lunch instead of dinner. The menu might be different, but the food will still be great- and lunch is cheaper than dinner.
- Rent fashion: Sites like Rent the Runway, Le Tote, Style Lend, and others let you rent great clothes and accessories for a fraction of what you’d pay to buy them. It’s a great option for parties and when you just want to change up your style.
- Outlet stores: You can come home with some real bargains from outlet stores.
- Shop off season: Most bargain hunters already know that you’ll get the best deals at the end of the season, when retailers want to make room on their shelves for current stock.
- Take advantage of free entertainment: There are free concerts and other events in almost every city. Check out your local newspapers and websites to see what’s going on near you.
How do you save money on luxuries? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter!