Let’s be honest here: we all need a little fabulous in our lives. Are you a diva type? Then you know what I’m talking about and you also probably know all about fabulousness (yes, I know it’s not a real word, but it works here) and how to make it work for you. Not a diva? That’s perfectly fine, but listen to me when I tell you that a little sprinkle of fabulous goes a long way in making your daily life feel richer. It just kind of adds an extra dimension to the ordinary and makes you feel a little more special.
You might think that being fabulous is only for the rich and famous. How can you not be fabulous if you have a killer wardrobe, live on a grand estate that’s like a resort, and travel to exotic places in your private jet? You’re right- that is pretty fabulous, but it doesn’t mean you can’t be fabulous if your life is not like that. You can be fabulous without being a billionaire.
Really, being fabulous is all about attitude. Believe that you are fabulous and you will make yourself fabulous. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Try new things. I’m all for the comfort of the familiar, but always sticking to the same routine is boring, not fabulous. Can’t travel around the world? So what- you can still have new and exciting experiences. I’ll bet there are things to do in your own city that you’ve never tried. Check out Groupon for discounts on fun activities in your area and rack up those experiences.
- Keep learning. School as a grownup is very different than school as a kid or teenager. Really. Take a class in something you’ve always been interested in, learn a language, or acquire a new skill. This will make you more interesting and therefore more fabulous!
- Be impulsive. I don’t mean stupid, destructive impulsive; what I mean is: don’t overthink things and miss opportunities. Sometimes you just have to act on an idea and see where it takes you.
- Be sociable. Interacting with people can be interesting for you, and it gives them the opportunity to see how fabulous you are!
- Like yourself. This might be hard at first if you don’t realize how fabulous you already are, but you’ll just have to trust me on this one. The more fabulous you think you are, the more fabulous you will be. Projecting energy and confidence is essential to being fabulous.
- Dress the part. Add some bling- even a little makes an impact if you’re not a particularly bling-y sort of girl. Wear bold makeup- smoky eyes and bold lips are both pretty fabulous. The makeup experts say to choose either the eye or the lip and not wear both at once, but I think if doing both makes you feel fabulous, then go for it! Just make sure it looks tasteful.
- Fabulous shoes! I know this is part of the previous tip, but, come on- it’s shoes! Of course it deserves it’s own bullet.
And there you have it- some tips to get you started. You are fabulous and you know it!