It’s finally spring! At least the calendar says it is. The actual weather usually needs a little time to catch up, but it will- hopefully soon. Spring is all about hope, after all. In fact, spring is a season to celebrate, and the best way to do that is with fun activities for the family- that won’t break the bank! The possibilities are endless, and here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take a hike: Spring weather is perfect for spending time outdoors because it’s not too cold or too hot. Discover something new near your home and just enjoy the time together outside.
- Go bike riding: Just like for hiking, the weather is great for a long bike ride, and you’ll get to enjoy all new spring flowers and trees.
- Fly a kite: If you’ve never tried this, you really should! Kite flying is fun and a great activity for a windy spring day.
- Play ball: Get the family together and play ball or Frisbee in the backyard or in a park. Or enroll the kids in a league and then go cheer them on!
- Visit a petting zoo: The animals will be out this time of year and kids will be excited to get up close. Some petting zoos even let visitors feed the baby animals.
- Do some gardening: Gardening is a great activity that’s exciting because you get to see the results. And it’s also an opportunity for your kids to learn a new skill- you too, if you’re new to gardening. It’s a learning adventure you can go on together!
- Go see the cherry blossoms: There’s nothing that says “spring” in a more beautiful way than cherry blossoms blooming in the spring. They’re only around for a few weeks, so get out and see them!
- Go to a baseball game: Baseball is the quintessential spring game! Spring for tickets to a professional game, or go watch a local league if you want to keep the cost down.
- Have a picnic: There’s something special about packing up your food and eating outside. Plan a picnic dinner and watch the sunset.
- DIY spring decorations: Celebrate the season and flex your creative muscle with some DIY indoor decor. Check out this post and make your own paper flower garland!
- Go to a farmer’s market: Enjoy the freshest of spring produce.
- Hold a garage sale: Spring cleaning might leave you with some things you’d like to get rid of. Hold a garage sale and make some money on that!
I’m excited for spring and I can’t wait to get started on the fun of the season! Cherry blossoms- I’m on my way!
What fun and cheap activities do you enjoy in the spring? Share with us on Facebook and Twitter!